Saturday, July 11, 2009

Fun in the Sun...

I don't know why I titled this post that, because it has absolutely nothing to do with fun in the sun! :) Just getting bored with titles I guess.Raymond and Judd cuddling.

Life is crazy as always. I spend my weeks with all of the daycare kids and running around trying to keep up with homework and errands and the house, etc. I haven't really felt pregnant until this last Wednesday after my 2nd appointment and all of a sudden I can feel the baby growing. It must be having a growth spurt week. My stomach muscle is sore from seperation, my ligaments are pulling and I have the tightness in my abdomen that comes with pregnancy.

Early jump on literacy! Judd LOVES books and always "reads" them or brings them to me.

Wednesday I had to take the day off of work because I had my appt. and Judd and Owen's check-ups scheduled for that day but Tony goofed and scheduled himself to work, so I had no daycare backup. I instead decided to make that a fit everything into the day kind of day and took the day off of work. The boys and I loaded up and left the house at 8:30am to go to Owen's new school where he will be attending Kindergarten because we hadn't been inside yet. So the Assistant Principal gave us a tour and we found out his teacher is Mrs. Lynne.

Directly from there we headed over to my doctor appointment where we were supposed to listen to the heartbeat but she did a mini-ultrasound instead so the boys could see the baby. Still too early for gender... :( After my appt. I treated myself and the boys to lunch at Applebees, and we gorged ourselves.

Then it was off to Owen's Kindergarten physical and Judd's 16 month check-up. Talk about being exhausted. I now know how my mom felt when I would cry before getting a blood test or shot because I would be terrified. Owen cried through his whole appt. and preceding his appt. and had to be held down to get his 4 shots and his finger prick blood test. It was sad, but frustrating too. Judd didn't even cry when he got his 1 shot. Owen made Judd go first and when Judd didn't cry I tried to point that out to Owen but he was so preoccupied with himself getting shots next that he didn't notice. He was crying so hard that Judd got off the doctor bed and gave Owen a big hug. It was SOOOO cute. It was like Judd was saying, see I did it and it was ok. Owen also had to do a hearing test, which he passed, and a vision test which he passed. He had to write some letters, draw some shapes, draw some pictures and write his name in order to complete his exam. Judd playing in Owen's bicycle helmet. He put it on by himself and wore it all night!

After their appointment we went to get some ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery while we waited for their photography appointment. Finally I got their brother picture taken that I have put off since May when I usually get it done. It turned out cute. Then it was time for home to clean up for the next day of work, but I have to tell you, being pregnant and dragging 3 kids around from 8:30 am to 5:30pm was EXHAUSTING!

Then Friday was the last day for two of my kids that I have had since birth. Jared was one of my very first daycare kids and he started when he was 5 weeks old and is now 3 1/2 years. Then his little sister Malia was born in April '08 and started when she was 6 weeks old and is now 15 months old. So that was a little sad. Then I found out that one of my kids that I have had for over a year now and a friend of hers that just started last month might not be coming back as of this fall due to a change in their living situation, etc. So that is surprising news, but I understand. I just hope that I can fill the spot if they do decide to give me notice. Daycare is a gamble sometimes. I know that you can't expect kids to be in your care FOREVER because eventually they do grow up and go off to school, but at the same time it always comes as a shock when you get notice from long term families.
The boys with Jared, the daycare kid that left me.
Today was the boys' baseball game and then we went to a friend of ours' kids first birthday party. Finally we got home and I finished homework while Tony took the boys outside to play and start grilling some brats for dinner. Mmmm. So anways, that's pretty much what is new with us. Just trucking along. I am already almost 14 weeks pregnant which is CRAZY! Owen starts Kindergarten on Aug. 17, so only 5 or 6 weeks from now, so I'm starting to freak out and be excited about that all at the same time. I can't wait for my summer class to get over with, only 5 more weeks of that, and I'm now finally getting to take the time to think about the new baby and what it might be. I'll keep you all posted. I hope you enjoyed the pictures and a cute little video of Judd being silly below. Enjoy and have a great rest of the weekend. To all my pregnant friends out there, I hope you all are doing well!

3 comments:

MOM said...

Great pictures, Stacey. Can't wait to see all of you soon. Judd is funny in the video. His laugh is infectious! Hope all settles down when the class is over. Maybe I can come up when Owen goes to kindergarten. It would be neat to see him go that day. Love you all.

Kenzie said...

I love the pics and the boys' summer cuts-so cute!! I think I'm going to be at Elizabeth's in early August....think we could coordinate a visit somewhere?? Just a thought since we will be missing you this week at the little reunion pic!

Anonymous said...

I was laughing out loud over that video! hahahaha!