Monday, December 8, 2008

Winter blues, winter flus!

Last week was so horrible. I hate when my kids get sick. I may as well be sick when they are because I feel like I suffer as much as they do. I anticipate their throwing up, I have to run with them to the bathroom, I get puke all over me as I help them clean up, I get no sleep because I am waiting for the next throw up, and I'm constantly on my feet trying to get everything cleaned up.

Let me start from the beginning. Wednesday night Raymond kept saying he had a tummy ache and needed to throw up. I kept kind of ignoring it because he jokes about this sometimes (I know), Owen is slowly wilting away meanwhile on the couch and getting warmer with a fever. We get them all ready for bed and Owen passes out on the couch and Raymond passes out on Tony's lap and then Tony shouts "Ah help". I knew it. I didn't even have to look I just whipped into action with my mom ability. I just knew he was going to throw up. He had started to throw up a little on Tony but I grabbed him by the arm and ran to the bathroom and shoved his head over the toilet just as he let it loose. Then in the middle of the night he threw up all night and Owen started throwing up. I had to strip beds, strip pj's and clean up faces and put towels everywhere all night long.

Thursday came and they were NO better. Raymond was going intervals of a few hours without throwing up, but poor Owen was running to the potty every 15 to 20 minutes all day long. That night Judd was SO crabby all afternoon. Nothing made him happy, not even me, which is saying alot. That evening I sat down to nurse him and not five minutes after he finished he sat up on my lap and puked all over the place. He was completely happy afterwards. He was laughing and smiling and crawling all over. This is the great resilience of a baby. He proceeded to throw up two more times, but was then done. They ate nothing and drank sips of water all Thursday. Same thing Thursday night. Friday came and they both stopped throwing up. They still had fevers and now a cough but the throwing up was gone. Then Tony took the dogs to the vet for a check up and Raymond REALLY wanted to go. BIG MISTAKE. Poor Tony ended up cleaning Raymond's throw up off the vet's floor.

They are much better now and we were in the clear over the weekend, but I am still exhausted from their illness. The nice thing is that all of my towels, sheets, and pjs are clean. Both bathrooms are totally disinfected and so are all of the toys in the playroom.
Tonight Tony is up in bed throwing up. I hope you all find yourselves healthy for this holiday season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know that Judd had gotten sick, too, Stacey. Man it hit you guys bad, but you survived it. I hope the winter flu is over for you now. Moms never get any rest, huh?

Anonymous said...

Good grief! Barf-o-rama!