Saturday, September 4, 2010

Awwwwwahahahaha Jungle Girls!!!!!!!!

Nod your head if you know what I am talking about. I just thought a need to call the group was in order. :) Since our fearless leader hasn't done so...you know who you are!!:) I felt nostalgic tonight after reading my oldest sisters blog and wanted to pull something from my childhood too that was funny. I have to brag that my sisters and I are the most creative and funny people I know! Agree K and K?? We also patented the game Make Me Laugh that if anyone ever saw on t.v. a long time ago - they stole it from us. For those of you unaware, Jungle Girls is a game we used to play in Plainfield with our neighbors Karey and Adam. I can't remember all of our characters names off the top of my head, but I know that Kimberly was the leader of course and she would stand on the roof of the dog house and beckon us with her wild call "Awwwwwahahahaha Jungle Girls". Ah to be a kid again.

 Anyways, since my post has absolutely NOTHING to do with being a Jungle Girl, I should probably move on before you all lose interest. I am not conceited or self absorbed by any stretch of the imagination. I just state facts and the fact is that my kids are the cutest in the world!! :) Each of these pictures makes me smile and I just remember how good it feels to hug and kiss and laugh with these kids every day. I was just looking at pictures of the boys from when Judd was a baby and it makes me sad how much they have grown over those two years! It's crazy.

For August, we stayed pretty busy and then school started for Owen. He is now a big first grader which makes me feel even older. His teacher is Mrs. Pratt this year and a lot of his friends are in his class, which is good. Raymond starts school on Sept. 7. He has two teachers, Mrs. Ory and Mrs. Hinrichs. Judd started Sunday School which he is very excited to be a part of. (on a side note, he has worn underwear the last two days until nap and bedtime or if we leave the house he goes back into diapers, but he now tells me when he has to pee!!!) Yay, almost down to one in diapers.

Now it's September already and I can't believe how fast time is going. Before I know it Tess will be 1! But I am very excited that it is the beginning of Fall because that is the time of year I am happiest. Today we went to September fest and in two weeks I am taking the boys to the Apple Festival in Nebraska City and we will see a parade, all things apples, and go pick our own apples at the orchard. It gives me happy chills just to think about. I LOVE FALL!!!

We have all been battling colds, pink eye and the general yuck around here. Tess and Judd are so phlegmy that I feel horrible for them and am not sure what to do for them cause I don't think it's Doctor worthy, but it also is not going away on it's own. Poor Judd when he goes for a walk with me in the evening or runs even the slightest he sounds all raspy and out of breathe. Tess coughs and sputters and chokes on her own phlegm.  I think some of it might be allergies mixed with this cold thingy.

Tess is growing like a weed too. She crawls everywhere she wants, she pulls herself up onto anything, she cruises all the furniture and if I hold her hands she takes steps with me. I think she very well could be my walking by 9 months baby like the Pediatrician predicted. That'd be ok. She's had her bottom two front teeth since she was five months but next weekend she will be 8 months and she cut her top two front ones in today, but I can see about 4 more that are right under the surface, so she will have quite a few teeth before long I should think. She's the same as the boys were, they ALL had all their teeth by 12 months. She's been eating baby food sporatically for a month now, and eats cheerios too. She's a pro sippy cup drinker and has been drinking water from a sippy cup for a couple of months now. She says "Da da" to Tony, she says an 'O' sound for Owen and she calls me 'Na Na'. She waves hi and bye and even says hi and bye bye. She LOVES to growl and yell. Her favorite place to do this is at church too, where she is the ONLY baby so I can't blame it on anyone elses kids. However, the church is a lot of older people and it's very small, so they all LOVE the kids and her. She's got a TON of Grandma and Grandpa figures in her life that adore her and her brothers.
Ok on with the show!
My new 15 passenger van for daycare.
Owen and Raymond have been taking Karate for a month now.
"I can get into the kitchen now....ha ha!"
And into my brothers toys!! ha ha.
...but I'm so cute it's ok.
even karate playing, wrestle mania, superhero loving boys can play with Barbies!! They'll be good playmates for Tess!
Tess' new super cute old school awesome shoes!!! I love the green apple on top.
almost pulled up to the coffee table - now she's a pro at it and the boys' small toys are no longer safe there.

So enjoy my August and Sept. pictures.

4 comments:

MOM said...

Yep, you girls sure knew how to perform with plays, skits, imaginary friends, etc. You were good buddies!!! I love your pictures, and oh, my gosh, I love Tess's shoes. I used to love all kinds of shoes when I was growing up, and all through high school. Aunt Donna told me she didn't know how I could stand to wear some of them:) I love Fall, too, and am so excited about this weather we've been having....want to get evrything done, so it will be done for winter, but do something fun for Fall, too, like go to a pumpkin patch or orchard. It's just the best time of the year! Give Tony a hug for me,too, along with the kids. I'm sure he's been busy at work, but enjoying the little escapades you guys are all taking. Love you all.

Dani said...

your kids are cute. It looks like you've had some fun adventures. The van looks great - what a lifesaver!

Anonymous said...

Kimberly was Loreesha (or however it was spelled.) I think we each had two (except Kimberly and Adam.)

Karey was the wise and powerful Fireside who counseled Loreesha (like Synergy to Jem) + the wicked Evilyn, Looresha's arch-enemy. Remember Fireside would sit on the side of the pond hill waiting to give advice and potions to Loreesha and the other Jungle Girls.

I think I was Perfuma who ruled over the flowers + Bluegill who ruled over the water.

You were Evilynna (Evilyn's daughter), I know that much, but I can't remember who your "good" character was. Of course I was double good! :)

And we gave Adam the choice of being Tarzan or George of the Jungle. We totally got lazy there!

We pretty much just ran around and stopped occasionally to "eat" burritos made of dirt, twigs and pebbles wrapped in a leaf.

Anyway...
Lots of good pics and Tess's captions made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

P.S. - I think Jungle Girls was influenced by She-Ra, wasn't it? Or was it that knockoff She-Ra lunchbox Kimberly had?