Wednesday, July 27, 2011

On the Road - Day 8 Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo

 The Daddy of them All! Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo! The dust, the horses, the smell of manure, the hot determination of those cowboys and cowgirls all packed into an arena full of anticipation. Oooh, it gives me chills. The rodeo. A place where men can show everyone how manly they are and where cowboys gets real meaning. I wanted to share this experience with my kids, who had never been to a rodeo before. I wanted them to get a taste of Wyoming and the wild west and one of the many reasons that I love this state. They LOVED it! After all the adventures we have had along this vacation, they were still excited to see this main event. Their Aunt Kimmie was there working and she bought them cowboy hats and took the boys behind the chutes during the bull riding event, which they were speechless about. They got to stand on the wooden fence watching the dust fly while the cowboys hang on for dear life on the back of the untamed bull, along side other cowboys. Ahhh, to be home in Wyoming and a part of history once again. These are our Rodeo pictures, the last leg of our journey, the end of this vacation chapter. Sad to leave Wyoming, my heart ached after the Rodeo when we loaded up in the car and drove across the border back to Nebraska. I felt like I was leaving my family, friends, and home all over again. But oh what a time we had! I hope you enjoy our pictures once again!





Future Bull rider?? Quiet meditative, watching his herd of cattle and horses through the fence.
Future bronc rider??
Future barrel racer?? Or Frontier Days Rodeo Queen??


Seriously?? Could you get any cuter?? What a cute cowboy!
Future Steer Wrestler I think.




Tess looks like she is sitting with the Rodeo Queen herself, but actually it's just one of my beautiful older sisters, Aunt Kimmy.

Tess' cowgirl boots. Pretty in pink.
A long day of being a cowboy. It's a tough life.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Looks like you had a great trip - I enjoyed reading about it. Your kids are just adorable and such troopers to make it so well through such a long trip. I'm impressed!