Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Circus Fun

For all of you who have been nine months pregnant, you know that it wipes out much of your motivation to do anything and turns you into an unrecognizable copy of your self. At least in my case, I am an unorganzied, lazy monster, who just wants to enjoy my leisure time. I call myself a monster, however, because I feel like that is how others perceive me. I get impatient when someone wants me to do something and pulls me away from my comfortable mind numbing meditation of sitting on the couch. So I am proud of myself this week. I have emerged out of my cacoon of meditation and once again have joined the world, no matter how uncomfortable it is to get up and walk around with a baby hanging in my pelvis! I think this is what they consider the "nesting period", that resurfacing into the real and conscious world. I have actually gotten back on track (a little) with cleaning and helping Tony with the boys and dogs and have even planned my curriculum for the next few weeks for the daycare kids.

This week the daycare kids are in for a fun filled week! In the midst of the snowy winter I am taking them on a journey to fun-filled places, in my own living room. It is our "Fun Places to Visit Week". Yesterday we had a circus day. It was so much fun and the kids loved it. We walked the tight rope, we tamed lions, we WERE lions and tigers, we juggled, we were acrobats, and the most fun of all - we were clowns. I made them clown hats and noses and they wore them all day (without prompting!). They colored circus pictures, watched Dumbo, and made paper plate clown faces with balloon noses, which turned out really cute. I had to share my enthusiasm with the rest of you, on my reemergence into work and fun from my pregnant slumber.

The rest of the week is also filled with fun places to visit, today is Zoo day, Wednesday is Movie day where we will make our own home video and watch it, and Thursday is Library day where we will make picture books to take home about our week of travels! The kids are excited, and I am sure the the parents are relieved to know I am actually doing something with their kids again!
So I have mostly awoken and will hopefully stay this way for awhile. I am hoping for a smooth labor and delivery of Judd and a smooth recovery there after. I really hate being unorganized and my house being dirty - it angers me to all extremes, so I am looking forward to getting back to my old self and getting things back in order!

3 comments:

Kelly S said...

Raymond cracks me up in this one.

Kelly S said...

...referring to the group pic. :)

Anonymous said...

me too! it sounds like a really fun week. i bet the kids loved it and the parents are probably really happy you're their daycare teacher!