Thursday, February 28, 2008

Counting the Days...

So the countdown is officially now to six days or less. Yesterday the doctors office officially called me to confirm my induction and to give me the specifics, ie. be there at 7am, no food or drink after midnight, etc. I think knowing that I am going to be induced makes me more nervous than if he just started coming on his own. The anticipation of waiting for a drip of medicine to start horrible pain in my body just is not very comforting somehow!
This last weekend I finally chopped my hair off to chin length. I butchered my own bangs too, but think they look okay after they have settled down some! I feel a little less fat this way. I really wanted to grow my hair out, but being as pregnant and fat as I am it just made me feel like a blob.
A couple of weeks ago we took the boys to a college hockey game and they loved it. It was fun to do something out of the house for a change, but man those little seats in an arena are NOT comfortable for a normal person, let alone a fat pregnant woman with long legs. I was ready to leave by the time the game was done, but it was fun while it lasted.
Last Friday we went to a friend of ours two year old birthday party. It was a spiderman party and they had lots of fun. They got spiderman masks that Owen has refused to take off of his head since he got it. He even took a couple of naps in it, until I finally got tired of that and made him hang it from his bedpost when he laid down to sleep. He doesn't wear it on his face though, he wears it on the top of his head all day long. It's really cute and funny. He is the type of kid that gets very attached to a small toy and carries it around everywhere with him. Besides his spiderman mask, he is currently carrying around a small plastic crocodile kazoo that he got in a meal one time and recently found in the bottom of the toybox.
And now for the baby update: I have my next appointment today at 1:00 and I am officially being induced on the 5th of March, but this morning I am NOT feeling good and I have a lot of pressure and quite a few contractions, so maybe he will come today! I'll keep you all posted.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kelly S said...

I feel and look like a blob too, even though I hardly ever eat...or exercise. Not eating does not = skinny. It = sluggish and crabby (no wonder those supermodels have attitude problems). So, I'm not just any 'ol blob, I'm a sluggish, crabby blob who's as tall as a supermodel, but DOESN'T look like one. Top that. :)