Sunday, August 17, 2008

Air Show!

Saturday for some free fun, which we love around here, we went to the Offutt Air Force Base Air show. I was like a little kid before Christmas, I was so excited and so were the boys. Tony wasn't nearly excited enough. It was a beautiful day, about 80 degrees, a slight breeze, a little overcast and the perfect day to sit outside and watch the planes.
I knew the boys would love it and I knew I would love it so we had a lot fun. I love military life. If I could guarantee I would NEVER have to fight in a war, be stationed overseas or be away from my kids, I would join the Air Force in a heart beat. But of course I can't guarantee any of that I'm sure, so it's not really in the cards. However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sounds of the bomber planes, like the Hornet in the video I've posted below. I love how loud they are and how cool they are. They can defy gravity at all costs! They can virtually stop and start in midair, do a vertical climb in a matter of seconds and it's SO cool! I would love to fly one of those even though I'm scared to fly. :)
So I've posted pictures of the boys and some of the planes that we saw! Plus I've added a very short video of a Hornet during it's part of the show. Enjoy!

No comments: