Sunday, August 10, 2008

Setting the Trend...

This year August 8 was the most popular day to get married. Wedding sales went up for that date 213% from last year. Tony and I however set the trend. We were married on that date 5 years ago now. Lots of people were celebrating our wedding anniversary this year and honoring us by getting married on our wedding date and even the Olympics helped us celebrate! -HA
Reflections on the last five years:
Tony and I have been very busy the last five years. We moved from Laramie, WY to Omaha, NE then got pregnant with Owen a month after getting married, then moved back to Rock Springs, WY four months after moving to Omaha. In Rock Springs we ran the Motel 8 and had Owen and then got pregnant with Raymond when we decided that we wanted to be closer to family and Rock Springs is the weirdest city in the whole world, so we moved back to Omaha where we have remained for the last three years. So to sum up our five years we have moved three times, lived in seven different places, had three kids, two dogs, owned two houses, had seven jobs between the two of us and had lots of stress. Overall though it has been a great five years. I couldn't imagine being with anyone else and having a better father for my boys. Hopefully things will just continue to get better as we grow older together.






Celebration:
We don't have a lot of money right now due to some kids leaving my daycare and growing up, so my mom was nice enough to drive six hours from Missouri to stay the weekend with us and watch the boys on Saturday for Tony and me to spend the day together. We decided to go to a place for lunch called California Taco (a little Mexican dive featured on Food Networks "Diners, Drive In's and Dives), then we went Downtown to the Old Market and walked around and looked at the Farmers' Market and got ice cream, then we went to the Durham Heritage Museum to walk around, then we made dinner for everyone (Tony's brother JB and his wife were in town), and then the four of us went bowling that night while my mom watched the boys once again. It was a fun stress free day that was just hanging out and going on a "date".
The boys had a lot of fun with their grandma and I appreciate her coming all this way just to babysit! :) Love you mom.

Future:
My goals for the future is to find more time to spend together since we both work a lot of hours, find more time to go on dates and just hang out, find more time to spend together as a family, pay off our debt so we can relax a little financially, and watch our family grow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacey, I was happy to come up. I think I have done this for the last 3 years. I love you, too. I want you and Tony to grow old together, and have fun doing it! A lot has happened in 5 years, that's for sure! You've been busy, busy, busy.