Saturday, October 10, 2009

Frosty the Snowman...

I loved it when I heard that we were supposed to get a rain and snow mix this weekend. I know all of you think I'm crazy, but I get excited for the winter time and the snow that comes with it. This year I am really looking forward to the snow because even though I will be BIG and pregnant, the boys are all old enough to REALLY enjoy playing in it.


I figured that the rain and snow mix would be mostly rain with only a few flurries....so as you can imagine I was totally surprised (as were the weathermen) when we woke up this morning to find at least 3 inches of snow on the ground and it still coming down!! YAY for snow!!


I have been feeling neglectful of the boys lately with all I feel I need to get done and our busy schedules, so I prayed before bed last night that God granted me the time to just play with my kids more, and today has already been great! He listened...


This morning we woke up and made french toast for breakfast and then got all bundled up and went and played in the snow for about 45 minutes. When we got cold and tired and wet, we came back in where we made some hot cocoa and then the boys started a game on the Wii which I will join in in a few minutes after I finish my cocoa. I told them maybe we can have a board game and popcorn night tonight too. I DO have to work on the house some today, but we are having a good day just playing together! So below are the pictures from our outdoor adventures this morning. Happy first snow everyone!
Our pathetic attempt at a snowman...we need some more practice.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Good pictures (and snowmen always look like a blob of crud - there's no way around it.) :)

MOM said...

Good pictures, Stacey and it sounds like a fun day with your boys (and Tess) I'm glad you had some time to relax today.

MOM said...

Those boys look like 3 little angels, and an angel Mommie. I love the one where they are catching snowflakes on their tongue.

Anonymous said...

I like the one of them catching snowflakes too! You're a good mom.