Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Looking Ahead

Well now that I got Raymond's birthday out of the way, I can start to concentrate on planning for everyone coming to Omaha for Thanksgiving (which no matter how stressful it sounds, I am VERY excited to host it again this year!) and getting the house moved around and ready for Tess.

On my big to do list I have my birthday next Friday (which we are not doing anything for that day but will go to the Pumpkin Patch the Sunday after), then Halloween and all that this entails (parties at school, costumes, decorating, candy, etc.), then getting the downstairs bedroom wall fixed and the room painted before Halloween (and the room cleared out), then moving our room downstairs before Thanksgiving guests come, getting ready for Thanksgiving, my baby shower, Christmas and all that this entails, then Tess arrives! After that I will still have a list of things to do, but not as many major events for awhile. I can just work on my day to day to do list for the most part.

This year to help out for Thanksgiving, we have my mom and dad, both my sisters and Kimberly's boyfriend Todd and their dog Rigby, me, Tony and my boys, Tony's mom and husband Verlyn, and Tony's brother JB and wife Amanda and baby Blain. Granted JB and his family will stay at Holly's house and my mom and dad say they are getting a hotel this year, I will still have my sisters and Kimberly's boyfriend as overnight house guests and am excited to plan for breakfasts and other meals. I am also having each person pick a side that they want and are willing to make, to help de-stress big pregnant me and Holly who is not feeling well from time to time. We will be having our actual dinner at Holly's house that day because she has a lot more seating and space then I do.

It will be fun and will be the last time I will have everyone together before Tess comes. Christmas will be a quiet at home one, because I won't be traveling anywhere two weeks before my due date and everyone else is pretty well inclined to go to my mom and dad's which is totally fine with me. It will be a quiet couple of weeks before she comes. Plus my mom will then be coming to stay for a short while when Tess comes to help out and be here for the birth.

Anyways, I'm sure you all don't care about my to do list. But it's really the only thing on my mind at the moment. Every little thing that I can get done is one more step closer to having her here! YAY!

I think I've said it before but I'll say it again. I finally feel like my family will be complete, because never before have I had a pregnancy where I felt anxious to be done and not be pregnant anymore. Usually during my pregnancies I get sad that it will come to an end and immediately following the birth of the baby I think to myself, I can't wait to have another and be pregnant again...not this time. She is most definitely the LAST! I'm glad she's a girl because it draws an even more final conclusion to our family, which I like things to be tied up all nice and tidy like that...and even though I would have been happy with 4 boys, I will never have to wonder now what a little girl would have been like. So we are very happy.

1 comment:

MOM said...

Three boys and one girl. The boys will have to learn to play "tea" once in a while, and "office" like you girls did:) They will think that's funny. I don't know about her learning to wrestle, though:) She'll think up some beguiling ways to have fun with their normal roughness, though, I bet. It's been a busy month for you all, with sickness, events, etc., and sounds like more to come.