Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy 2010!

Not much has been going on around here since Christmas. In fact I've only left the house two times in two weeks. Once Christmas Eve to go to Tony's mom's house and then not again until New Years Eve for my morning Dr. appt.

We've pretty much been living in a huge mess in our house with me lacking the motivation to put Christmas toys and gifts away...I will however have you know that the Sunday after Christmas I had all my decorations put away and my tree out in the front yard. One less hassle to deal with when Tess comes...


New Years Eve we spent quietly at home. I volunteered to watch one of my baby daycare kids overnight so she celebrated with us too. We really didn't do much. We made way more junk snack food then we needed, but heartily enjoyed. We also played the Wii for about 4 hours straight!!! The boys are Wii'd out for awhile, which is fine because once school starts this next week they have to go back to Friday nights being video game nights anyways. I don't let them play them anytime they want. Judd crashed at about 10pm and the other two made it til' midnight! Two minutes after midnight however they were asleep on the couch (as was Tony). I can't blame Tony though cause he had to get up at 4am to go to work the next morning.


Friday came and I had no daycare kids so being Super lazy I didn't bother to get showered or dressed or clean even one dish in the sink that was overflowing from dirty dishes. Their was a huge disgusting mess all over the house. Instead I took a nap with the boys and lazed around all day, mopeing about how Tess is not coming yet!


Today I made up for it though. I got up at 7, took a shower, fed the boys, gave them a bath, did 4 loads of laundry, folded them and put them away, washed sheets and remade beds, cleaned and vacuumed the basement and steps, did 2 loads of dishes in the dishwasher, made the boys lunch, cleaned up their room and my room and all in time to go to Sesame Street Live tonight with the free tickets a daycare parent gave me from their work.
So maybe I am nesting, who knows, or maybe I feel guilty about being SOOOOO lazy yesterday, but nonetheless even though there is a ton more organizing/cleaning left to do, I feel good about my accomplishments of the day and feel like I can let my mom come to my house tomorrow to stay for awhile without being too embarrassed about the shambles of my house. :) I'm confident that once Tess comes out, I will be my motivated, hyper-active cleaning and organizing machine, so that keeps me positive. Happy New Years to all!
The boys and Tony sledding for the first time with their new sled from Santa. If you can't tell the snow was knee deep on Tony.
Me at 38 weeks with Tess. I know I look huge, but as a reminder I always carry my kids straight out front. I don't think she'll be any bigger than the boys were and they were all right around 8lbs. even.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Owen wearing a Snuggie? I didn't read the whole entry - just scrolled through the pics, so maybe you said. Get on your Snuggie!

MOM said...

Stacey, sorry I can't come today, but will be there tomorrow, with bells on:) Remember, I'm supposed to help with those things, so need to be embarrassed. Don't overdo it, kiddo. See you all tomorrow!!!