Sunday, January 10, 2010

Still waiting....

I have been desperate to have Tess over the last couple weeks and have been repeatedly disappointed. I completely understand that I have NO control over when she comes, but I am so done being pregnant that I am anxious to have her here. I'm tired of waddling around, not being able to bend over, can't see my feet or tie shoes, not being able to turn over in bed, indigestion, constipation, and feeling HUGE all the time. Because of this desperation to be done being pregnant, I feel rest assured with my decision that Tess is most definitely the final chapter in our growing little family! Phew.

At 36 weeks I was so excited to find that I was already 1 cm dilated and 75 % effaced, because that is the earliest of all pregnancies that I have actually dilated. The depressing news is as of Wednesday this last week (my 39 week apt.) I am still 1 cm dilated and 75 % effaced. Boooooooo. So my midwife has decided that she definitely does NOT want me to go over my due date, but thinks it will be ok to go up to my due date, so we have scheduled an induction on my due date, Friday Jan. 15, with hopes that she would still make her arrival on her own before then. I'm feeling doubtful about that now and expect that I will have to go through with the induction on Friday. I am upset about that for a couple of reasons. I have had to be induced with all three of the boys because they just don't want to come out on their own, and I was really hoping to experience laboring at home as much as possible before going to the hospital. Also, I wanted to try to avoid patocin (not sure if this is spelled right - the inducing drug) because it is awful and causes contractions to be more painful, and I don't do epidural or other drugs, so I have the baby all natural even with the extra pain...which I'm not looking forward to this time around. :(

Plus I am a little annoyed that she hasn't come yet because I really wanted her to come before the boys had to go back to school from Christmas break so I wouldn't have to deal with finding rides, etc. for them while I am at the hospital or in labor. Now if I last until Friday there is a chance that Tony's mom can't be there for the birth because she teaches college nursing and her students come back this week and Friday is her busiest day and she is very upset that she might miss it.

So again, I know I have NO control over the situation I was just hoping that she'd be the one to come just a little earlier than her due date and to come all on her own. I know I still have a few days before Friday, but I am feeling a little more resigned to the fact that she just won't come on her own.

So say a prayer for us as we bring little Tess into the world within the next 5 days for sure. I will keep everyone posted. Please pray for an "easy" labor for me and a healthy delivery for her and me. (and that she comes before Friday so I can do this one on my own without the drugs causing contractions for me!)

No comments: