Monday, April 26, 2010

April Showers brings May.....CRAZINESS!!!


People use the phrase March madness for basketball season and finals and all the craziness that goes into that time...but my May will be May madness this year. When I look at the calendar hanging on the wall by me. It's neatly color coded for categories such as black marker for birthdays, blue marker for boys' baseball games, red marker for Owen and Raymond school stuff, green marker for fun events, purple marker for my meetings and other stuff, etc. So when I look at the calendar for May you might wonder why I begin to hyperventilate? Because everyday has at least one color on it for the entire month, but most days have two different colors. What does this mean you might ask? This means that I am going to be so busy in May with something to do EVERY day of the week that I am not going to know what end is up by the end of the month!!!


May 14 is the last day of school for Raymond and one week following, May 21 (Tony's birthday as well) is Owen's last day of school. These days I am greatly looking forward to because not only is it the beginning of Summer vacation for them, but also for me. Most parents tend to complain about having to entertain their school age children for 2 months, but not me. I would much prefer that to the loading up 7 kids in the Suburban every day 3 times a day for an entire year and planning my day around rushing to either drop off or pick up kids. But leading up to these last day of school days is a lot of craziness. It's like the storm before the calm (I changed that saying around if you were wondering if I just don't know how to properly repeat sayings).


Things coming up in the next couple of weeks are things such as Owen and Raymond field trips, Owen's field day, baseball, baseball and more baseball, my meetings for Vacation Bible School and Daycare meetings, Owen's BBQ luncheon at his school, Raymond's Preschool graduation, planning my mother-in-laws graduation party, cleaning my house for Tony's brothers and wife/girlfriend to stay with us for said mother-in-law's party, watching my friend Sheila's daycare kids while her and her husband take a vacation, then the very next week watching 4 of my other friend Laura's daycare kids while her family goes on vacation (that will be the craziest week of the month and I really hope I can figure out how I'm going to do it!), and more. It's like running a marathon. All of this plus Tony has an interview at work for a job position that would be a promotion and would change his hours all up so I can't even plan with a certainty anything for the month and me working my normal job and just everyday upkeep of my house (which is falling WAY WAY WAY behind), and the everyday job of being a mommy to 4 kids. I have said prayers every night that God lets me keep my sanity by the end of the month!


Anyways, if you are wondering why I might be MIA in May, this would be the reason. I will be running a marathon for the entire month. Wish me luck!!
P.S. I have to double check but I'm pretty sure I didn't post about Easter yet or pictures so I will try and do that this week sometime so I can get all caught up.

2 comments:

MOM said...

You're usually pretty organized, so just try to think about the things that are going to happen in the next day or two. I hope you get down time some at night, because otherwise there's no way to settle down. I'll be there the week of May 10, the craziest week:) I'll stay with the kids while you run others to school, keep kids occupied, and pick up the slack. You will really be ready to head for the reunion in Il. and see Sheila, too.Love you.

Kelly said...

Don't forget to squeeze 'Book Discussion' in there some where. Just kidding. ;)