Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Aaarggh!

Okay, so I am sitting here right now, at 10:30 pm, waiting for my evening daycare kid to get picked up. It is storming like crazy, continuous sharp lightning and never-ending thunder that shakes the house and torrential rain. I am so ANGRY because while I sit here, my basment is flooding for the third time this summer!!! There is nothing I can do about it either. I go down there, lay towels out on the edge of the carpet to try and keep the damage to a minimum, but it's so irritating because I get it all cleaned up and then it happens again. The other frustrating part is that I called the sump pump people to have them come do a maintenance on ours and they were supposed to do it on Monday, but it cost $89.00 and we don't have that right now, so on Friday I canceled it, thinking we probably won't have as much rain as we did in June. So now here I sit like the idiot I am wondering if that $89.00 would have fixed the sump pump problem to make it pump more efficiently. Right now I can look out into my driveway, which is a hill leading down to my basement, and the water that is waiting to be pumped is half way up my driveway about shin deep. The poor little sump pump is pumping it's heart out, but that water that is waiting is not so patient and it is what seeps into the living room down there, plus into the garage under the door, plus the sump pump starts to overflow. So as I begin my post I'll end my post with an Aaarggh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I do NOT understand is - WHO IN THE H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS is DUMB enough to build a driveway slanted toward the house. WHO?! It's the most idiotic thing ever!

Dani said...

I remember the days of a flooding basement in Gillette. My dad became quite the pro at working on the sump pump - during certain times of the year I remember him spending at least a couple hours in the basement with the sump pump every day!