Saturday, October 25, 2008

Funny Kids

It has never ceased to amaze me that the emotion of being happy is something children are born with. It's so funny that even babies know how to make a joke and be silly and they quickly learn what to do in order to entertain the adults and give us a show. Even as toddlers and preschoolers the kids still amaze me at how intentionally funny they can be. Yeah, sure they say funny things because they don't use words correctly or don't know the meaning of a word they use, but those aren't intentional things. The intentional things I am speaking of is what the pictures I will post will portray.

I LOVE having kids close in age. They play together, they are learning about the same things and they are very close developmentally so that they can interact together. They are each others very best friends. They have their little secrets and they go off and play while Tony and I get stuff done. Owen and Raymond are two of the funniest jokers I have ever met. I don't know where they get it from but I can only assume that it is a hereditary trait given to them from the Sears sisters. :) If you are a Sears sister, you know what I am talking about! The boys do things that we used to do and it CRACKS me up.

The other night Tony and I were lazily watching t.v., I think the last Presidential debate, and Owen and Raymond had occupied themselves playing in the playroom. I believe we had told them to start getting undressed because it was bath night, then we ignored them for a few minutes. Next thing we know, Owen and Raymond come laughing hysterically out of the play room and they have no shirts on and they had taken their jeans off and put them back on backwards. They thought it was hysterical and it was! I mean they are 3 and 4, what do you think happens? Who came up with the idea and what were they thinking when they did this? Now you all may not think it is as hilarious as we did, but let me assure you, it is a phenomenon how children this age know they did something funny and they came to show us what they did so we could laugh too. So enjoy the simplicity of childhood and the comedy stylings of Owen and Raymond in the pictures below!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, you two silly little jokesters! That is so funny!

Kelly S said...

Owen's face in that first pic. :) You two are funny little men. :)

Kelly S said...

Yes, I'd say our Sears sister genes have been passed on to a new generation. Are these strange and hilarious antics a Coffey brothers trait too? It'll be just a matter of time before they're driving in their food and showing how their grandma runs. ;)

Off topic, but did we not eat cold hotdogs straight out of the package when we were younger? (Mom didn't believe me). AND we would nibble the outside skin 'til it was gnarled. We were sick and twisted. :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I just busted a gasket laughing over Kelly's last comment! And yes, we ate raw hotdogs and gnarled the skin off before eating them.