Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Wow, 28. I can't believe that I am so old! I feel old lately. It has been a crazy few years! In five years I have had three beautiful baby boys, married an awesome husband, who I don't tell enough how awesome he is, had three different jobs, owned two different houses and moved three different times.

I can honestly say that I am not at all where I'd be or what I'd be doing at 28, but that's not to say that I am unhappy. I am very happy with my family. They are the best things EVER! My regrets are not finishing my bachelors degree when I had the chance and moving out of Wyoming. That's pretty good if these are my only major regrets.

My birthday was a pretty great day. The older I get, however, the less it feels like my birthday. I guess you could say that that old excited anticipation is gone. I now have that for my boys' birthdays.

I spent the morning at the pumpkin patch with the boys for their preschool field trip, then finished my work day, then we went to the China Buffett for dinner with Holly and Verlyn, and came home and Tony iced my strawberry birthday cake with strawberry icing and him and Owen (the only two still awake at this point) sang me happy birthday and shared a slice with me.

I didn't make out too bad either on gifts...though of course they are never needed or expected. I got $50 from Mom and Dad and a $50 gift card to Old Navy, which I already spent! Then I got $40 from Tony's grandma and grandpa Blain, nice cards from a lot people, $50 from Holly and a $25 gift card to Target and a nice dinner from Holly. Thanks everyone! I love it. Plus of course I got an awesome picture taken by Tony of my precious boys at the park and a nice frame to put it in! I LOVE it!
So here's to 28 years....hopefully at least 28 more! :)



2 comments:

Kelly S said...

You look good. Sorry I didn't call, but you know me. That's funny you had strawberry cake, because I was gonna joke about eating strawberry cake in my honor on the family site - I figured you'd have chocolate. I told you I'm psychic. :)

BTW, I can't believe you've done all that stuff in such a short amount of time. I'll probably never own one house in all my life, let alone two in five years. :)

Dani said...

I love those pictures - you look great! And the kids are still looking pretty adorable. It sounds like you had a great birthday. Here's to another year, old lady!!! (I can't believe my friends are starting to turn 28!)