Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Trails....

As most of you who read this blog know, we are getting older. It's true! We have now officially been out of High School for 10 years. We can actually use the number instead of spelling out because it is such a large number! It makes me feel very old to think that it was that long ago I sang at our graduation with Mckenzie Wilson and Dani Sorenson. Ahhh memories! I remember being so happy that I didn't have to sit all the way back with the 'S's' in order to graduate and I got to sit up front since I was singing. :)

This year we are celebrating our 10 years with the traditional reunion and I never thought I'd be this excited about it. To be honest I always actually vowed to NOT return for my reunion because I thought, the people I was friends with would keep in contact and I didn't necessarily care about seeing everyone else. Then I had three kids and I feel grown up and now I want to see how everyone else has grown up.

Facebook has become a huge deal in my life as I have noticed everyone else's too. A good deal of people have recently joined facebook as a way to reconnect with our old classmates and friends and I think it helps build the excitement for the upcoming reunion.

Tony and I have decided to make a vacation out of the whole trip because my boys have never been to Northern Wyoming or sight seeing in South Dakota. They have never seen the things that were a part of my growing up like Devils Tower, Mt. Rushmore, the Black Hills and the Badlands. My family moved out of Gillette almost five years ago now, so I have not been back since Jan. 2003!!! I am SOOO excited to go back to my old stomping grounds and see how it has changed and show my family where I grew up. Most likely it will rekindle my love for Wyoming and flare up my desire to move back, which will annoy Tony for awhile until the flame burns down a little.

So our family vacation will look like this. We are going to tour the badlands, black hills, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Custer, and Devils Tower on our way to Gillette. We are planning on camping a couple of nights in the Black Hills too. Then we will head to Gillette where we are going to be staying the night that Friday in the Hampton Inn (since we have no family there anymore). Then hopefully all of my friends will be having a picnic with their families that they have been talking about and then we will head to Cheyenne to visit my sister and stay a couple of nights and take in a rodeo with the boys at Frontier days. Yeeehaw! I am so excited. It will be so much fun and the boys will love every minute of it! It is planned and reservations are officially made. So look out Wyoming and South Dakota, here we come!! :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love that I am not the only one that is excited to see old friends and see how we've all grown up! We have started planning a get-together and will let everyone know as soon as we have some detail together! Woohoo!

P.S.- I read your blog!

Kenzie said...

I'm glad you are bringing your boys and Tony back for a little vaca' in good ol' Wyoming. I never thought I would live in Gillette after high school, but I can honestly say that I can't imagine living anywhere else at this point in time.

I do know lots of girls I'm sure would love to baby sit. Our go to baby-sitter is my cousin Kaeleigh. She will be 15 in June and Rylan has fun with her. I'm thinking Ry will go to my mom or sis so Kaeleigh wouldn't be used by us! We have lots of teens at church who baby-sit, too, so I think you can relax about that. We will figure something out!

Ingrid said...

Oh my gosh this post warms my heart. I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't think she'd be excited for the reunion, but is anxiously awaiting seeing everyone. Gosh, it'll be good.

I realized that I haven't been back to G-town since Dec. 2002, so I hear ya about it being a while since I last saw the land of the camels. :) I really think that so many of us will be blessed to see one another and see a glimpse into our pasts and our present!