Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Little Judd Bug

Happy Birthday Juddy! Tomorrow is Judd's 1st birthday and today I have been reflecting alot about what has happened in the course of a year. I have also been thinking alot about his birth and how awesome he was when he was born.
It's very hard to believe that an entire year has already gone by. He now has 12 teeth, eats whatever we eat, is down to only nursing at bedtime and that will start to be weaned now over the course of this month, walks, and plays with the big boys. He sings and dances and gives the best open mouthed kisses! His favorite game is peek-a-boo, but he also loves to wrestle with his two older brothers and to play chase. He'll crawl really fast and the older boys will pretend to be scared and scream and run away and Judd will growl and chase them all over the house.

He still surprises me at how good he is at climbing the stairs because I will be upstairs putting clothes away and I turn around to Judd playing with something in my room. He is very quick on the stairs.

He sucks his thumb and plays with his ear and has the longest hair in the baby world (which will be cut after he gets his one year old picture taken hopefully next week!)
He has been taking steps for awhile now, but this week he just stood up and took off walking across the room all by himself. He still gets down and crawls when he knows he wants something fast, but he is officially a "walker", it is already written in his baby book.

Tomorrow on his official birthday we will be doing something fun for him, not sure what yet though. Then Saturday my parents, sisters, Tony's mom and husband, and my friend and her kids are coming over for a lasagna feast and his official birthday party. The theme of his party is....you guessed it....a bug theme to honor his nickname and the fact that this is probably the only birthday I will be able to get away with it!

Since no one eats birthday cake these days, I have opted to only get Judd a little cake for him to smash and make chocolate chip cookies for everyone else. Since he is the third of three boys, unfortunatley for him he may not get a lot of "fun" birthday presents because I have toys literally in every nook and cranny of my house. So we voted for mostly clothes since we are on third round of hand me downs, styles have changed and things are really worn out since Owen was 12 months old.

It will be fun and I will post pictures after Sat. I have taken video of him walking but have a new computer that doesn't have the right video download stuff on it to get them off of my camera yet, so when that happens I will get them posted too!

Happy Birthday Juddy Bug I love you!

4 comments:

Kelly S said...

I just can't wait to finally get a Judd picture! :) At least he has cute long hair and not an out-of-control bowl cut like Nicky and Alex Katsopolis, but you wouldn't abuse your kids in that manner. :)

Dani said...

I can't believe he's already a year old! Happy birthday, Judd!

Kenzie said...

Man the year has passed by quickly! Where did it go? Happy Birthday, Judd!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Judd. One already? Where did the time go? I can't wait to see everyone this weekend. That hair is sure curly.