Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Judd!

This week has been a whirlwind. I have been crazy busy trying to finish the church cookbook I offered to create and getting my house caught up on cleaning for company this weekend for Judd's Birthday party, and taking Judd out on his actual birthday.

So here is what went on. First on his actual birthday on Thursday we took him out to eat pizza because he loves pizza. That was a lot of fun and he was so happy! Then on Saturday night we had his actual party. My parents and sisters came, Tonys mom and husband came and so did my friend Sheila and her family. I made a huge lasagna, garlic bread, and an awesome salad. I decided since no one eats birthday cake anymore I would just make my amazing chocolate chip cookies! They were a hit (4 dozen and they were all gone!). Then I just got Judd a little circle cake that he could smash, which he did happily. We ate dinner, opened presents and then watched him smash his cake.
He got presents that I love. Usually the boys always get something that I am like, I know he won't play with that in the next couple of weeks or something, but Judd got a BUNCH of Little People toys, which I love and he does too. He also got almost a whole new Spring and Summer wardrobe which I love because his hand me downs are almost five years old and times have changed, he deserves some new clothes. He was soooo happy all night and played so hard. He has slept a lot today because yesterday was exhausting for him.

When it was time to give him his cake he stuck his fingers right into it. Tony videotaped a couple minutes, and my sister Kelly took a short video of him on my digital camera so I could upload it, but my sister Kimberly videotaped the entire cake process which turned out to be hilarious when he realized that he didn't like the feeling of his hands encased in cake that he couldn't get off! She's going to e-mail that to me so hopefully I can share with you all. It was a lovely birthday.
A year ago Thursday, we went up to the hospital at 7:00 am to be induced. They got the meds started and broke my water and labor progessed. After 7 hours of labor and NO pain medication - yes he was born all natural, no meds, no relief - Judd bug was born. Here's how it went down...my midwife and nurse had me sitting on a birthing ball at the foot of the bed with my head on the bed trying to breath through contractions. My midwife asked me shocked if I felt any pressure yet and I said no. Then all of a sudden a horrible burning sensation ripped through my lower region and I yelled, I think he's coming. Within one minute they had me back up in the bed and Jenda, my midwife, was trying to get her gloves on and get the table with all of the supplies out and ready. Two minutes later he was here. I only had to push for about 2.5 minutes. CRAZY! He weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz. and was 20 in. long. Emotion flooded the room of course but the only thing I could think about was that I wanted Owen and Raymond up there right then. I cried for them in fact. When they came in to meet their little brother, it was one of the best moments in my entire life, I will never forget their faces, their reactions or their emotions. It was amazing! So for your viewing pleasure I have posted birthday photos, a birthday video and some memorable hospital photos from last year. So please forgive the long post! Enjoy. Happy 1st Birthday Judd-a Bug!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, it's amazing how fast that little Judd-bug has grown. He's a sweet little boy, and I think he thoroughly enjoyed his birthday. He just seems to take everything in stride. Stacey, I couldn't get the video to work. It showed it was running, but nothing happened. I love the pictures at the hospital, and on Saturday, it sure brought back memories of being there, too, and seeing him born. Happy 1, Judd.

Anonymous said...

I discovered that someone had put the volume on mute:) I think it's ok now.

Anonymous said...

I'll get you that video. I just haven't had a chance to download all that stuff yet at work!