Thursday, March 12, 2009

1st Everything!

I know it seems like I have been blogging about nothing but Judd lately, but it is his time to shine, so I suppose it is only appropriate to have another post about him.

Of course he just celebrated his first birthday last week, so to continue on with firsts yesterday I took him to get his one year old pictures taken and to get his first hair cut.

He's had pictures taken before at the studio, but of course as a baby and he didn't know the difference. This time though it took him a little while longer to warm up but I still think his pictures turned out adorable. Judd admittedly has absurdly long hair. Every mom of girls his age are so jealous of how much hair he has, I've been told. It was super cute though. It had curls in the back and little flippy wings on the side and these side swept bangs. I wanted to get his pictures taken with his long hair because that is part of him as his first year of life. I have a strict rule, as I think I've stated before, about getting babies hair cut before their first birthday. I don't think that it should happen. I think that little babies don't need that, but at your first birthday if you are in need of a hair cut then it can take place.

After we left the picture place I took him to get his hair cut with me. He did amazing. He sat perfectly still and sucked his thumb and didn't get worried or cry. The lady did a pretty good job. I told her to leave most of the length but to clean it up and make him look a little more boyish. Since then, however, I am liking his new hair cut less and less. She left certain spots long that should be shorter and she squared his hair across his forehead and around his ears so he looks a little like MO from the 3 stooges. I feel bad for him because he is so dang cute and happy and totally oblivious to his bad hair cut. I thought about cleaning it up myself tonight after baths, but after looking at his pictures taken yesterday with his long hair, I told Tony I want to let his hair grow back out a bit and I NEVER do this, but I admitted that I regretted getting his hair cut. Now for those of you who really know me, you know that I NEVER back down and I argue even if you are probably right. It's just me, I don't know why I do it, that's just the way I am and obviously you all still love me! :) So it must mean a lot if I can admit that I regretted my own decision. Ugh. So he will have to go through a little awkward stage of hair to get it back to the way it was.

Here are a few more fun pictures of the boys including the before and after pictures of Judd's hair cut! Enjoy!
Silly Judd. He was biting the block in just the right spot to make him look like BOZO!

Judd got lots of laughs, so Owen had to copy him. Silly Owen!

A side shot of Judd's long hair (the before picture)

The front before picture of Judd with his long hair.

The after picture. This is not bad with his bangs swept over, but when they come down over his forehead he looks just like one of the Three Stooges. Always a cute boy though.

I think this picture is funny. He was just holding a crayon and babbling, but he looks like his is telling me what's what about not wanting his hair cut! I should have listened!! :(







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's definitely got something to say, doesn't he, in the last picture? That's funny. Judd, you are a cutey no matter what. I think his hair cut looks really good in the one picture. Especially, getting it shorter in front so you can see those great eyes! He's done a lot of firsts in the last few months, and is doing great walking.

Kelly S said...

Should I start calling him Moe? :)