Monday, March 16, 2009

Here Comes the Sun...

Today was the most beautiful day of the year so far. It was a sunny 73 degrees. There was a slight breeze, sunny skies with no clouds and just absoultely perfect! We took total advantage of the warm day. We spend all morning in the backyard, that was newly freed of dog waste this last weekend thanks to moi! Then this afternoon we went back outside. Tonight I even BBQ'd some chicken in celebration of the upcoming spring and summer months when this is simply what you do. It was so nice to not be cooped up in the house. Judd crawled all over the yard. Owen and Raymond played hard and Tony took them to the park this afternoon. Then tonight while Tony went to a meeting at church, I loaded up the boys in their wagon and we went for a long walk around the neighborhood. It was like a warm summer night.
It's supposed to be nice tomorrow too then the forcast calls for rain from Wednesday through next week!!! We will be in a swamp.
The warm weather motivates me. It motivates me to actually work on some landscaping in our yard this year, to get it all cleaned up so we can have BBQ parties every weekend, and to be more active with my kids. I want them to learn to play hard and LOVE the outside. I want them to beg to go outside when it rains or when the weather is bad and not just be satisfied watching a movie or doing nothing healthy. I want my boys to be able to eventually ride their bikes around the neighborhood (well, if we move out of the 'hood' someday), and I want them to not be afraid to get dirty, run and climb and be a little rough. Next week I am going to register them both for summer t-ball at the Y and I am so excited for them. I love watching them play sports or do group things!
So, I hope you all had beautiful weather like us today, but if not don't fret it will come! :) All day I've had that song stuck in my head, which I will leave you with..."Here comes the sun..doo da doo doo, here comes the sun and I say, it's all right....."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was gorgeous here, too. It was 81 yesterday, here in Hermann, MO, and to be 72 today, but with late days rain. Last Tuesday was a great day. I went to the garden club meeting, and we decorated hats, gloves, and work aprons with wonderful art. We had 3 professional local artists that are members, so they helped draw designs freehand, and the rest of us painted them. These are all for sale at the annual home garden tour June 6-7. Our gardens (to be) are on tour in 2010. Anyway, I came home and worked in the yard, starting some flower beds, and our neighbor, Dave, came down and gave me a handful of magic lilies, and my other neighbor, June, came over and gave me an antique flower pot, that matched the era (1936) of our house. Robins were everywhere, and it definitely felt like Spring was here! Some days are just inspirational, so Stacey, I can see how your day with the great weather was very motivational!

Kelly S said...

I love spring - I'm in such a good mood. I just had this image of all of us lined up doing the Hully Gully. :)