Monday, March 30, 2009

It's NOT a Quickie!

Well my long weekend is over and I'm a little bummed but definitely refreshed to work again. It's amazing what a three day weekend can do for the soul!

I had decided to close the daycare on Friday and take a vacation day because Owen had Kindergarten round-up and Raymond had to get an EKG and a chest x-ray (we'll come back to this in a minute), and I had no backup. So I made it a mommy and me day with the boys.

First we slept in a little and then I took Raymond and Judd over to my friend Sheila's house so that I could take Owen to his round-up hands free. As I stated in my previous post I have had apprehensions about the elementary school that he is supposed to go to, and although it is HUGE and chopped up, it is not nearly as bad as I had expected and in fact am now okay with him going there.

Roundup started in the music room where we got a welcome from the Principal and the Vice Principal. The Principal then took us on a thorough tour of the entire school telling us all about it along the way. The tour ended up in the Kindergarten hallway which is in it's own corner of the school, which makes me feel a LOT better. There are 4 teachers and they have their own bathroom, their own playground, and their own dismissal door. The only time they really leave this hallway is to go to lunch or specials, but they stay with their class the whole time during those periods. This gives me SO much relief about envisioning Owen wandering around the school, scared, not knowing what to do or where to go! :(

So, after the tour concluded in the K hallway, we split up between the rooms and got to observe for about 15 minutes. After this we went back up to the music room where we proceeded to fill out registration cards and get the kids all signed up! So he is officially a kindergartner in waiting. He will start school Aug. 17!!

Owen liked the school even though he was being very clingy and shy while were inside the school, but walking out to the car he couldn't stop talking. He'll be fine. He might have a hard first couple of weeks when school starts but he'll LOVE it and adjust quickly I think. The hardest part is going to be going from being away from home three days a week for two hours each time to 5 days a week for 8 hours, with NO nap. He's still not at a no napping point yet. So we'll see.
On to other news...Raymond. For the last couple of weeks off and on, he has complained that his heart hurt. Direct quote. I dismissed it for awhile and thought maybe something hurt but he wasn't sure what it was so he just said his heart. To be honest I wasn't that concerned. Then on Wednesday last week he said it again and wanted to lay down and rest. So that may me worry. I immediately called his Pediatrician and got him in Wed. afternoon. He said everything sounded okay but told me about a couple of rare heart conditions in kids where it has been diagnosed by a child saying their heart hurt. So he sent me up to Children's Hospital on Friday for an EKG and a chest x-ray. Raymo did great! He was a stone statue during the EKG, he didn't look at the lady doing it or blink or maybe even breathe for the 5 minutes it took to do it! :) His x-ray was great too, he sat perfectly still. So not to worry, however, I got the results back on Sat. and everything was normal, and he hasn't complained about it again, but he did end up having a sinus infection on Wed when I took him in and got on an antibiotic, so maybe that was connected to his "heart" pain somehow. I don't feel stupid at all for taking him to the hospital on a three year olds word, because I'd rather pay the $25 co-pay and have nothing be wrong, then to find out down the road that I should have taken him in earlier to save his life! Better safe then sorry.

So then Judd was just along for the ride this weekend. Nothing really to report on him!

I also got Owen and Raymond signed up for T-Ball on Sat. and Tony has volunteered to coach this year, which I am excited for! The boys practiced all day on Sunday with Tony because they were so excited. The season goes from May 30 - July 25, and they are only playing at the YMCA, so it is very laid back and informal, but it teaches them how to play at the same time and gets them exercise! I love it. It's always on Saturdays so that's what we will be doing this summer.

Since there was a big snow storm moving across KS and MO, the boys and I decided to stay home instead of trekking to mom and dads for the weekend. I am glad we did stay home because we got a lot of catch up sleep and relaxed.

Finally, in other news, I have started my weight watchers diet again. Only it's a little scary this time. I follow it online and track my points. I initially lost about 30 pounds, but have a long way to go. Then I sort of slacked off since Dec. But since my last attempt I have since quit nursing Judd, which greatly lowers my number of points allowed in a day!! Holy Cow! I was able to eat 36 points a day when I was nursing, but since I quit, now I only get 27 points a day! That is going to be a very difficult adjustment I think, but we'll see. So think positive for me! My goal is to initially lose 10 pounds over the next couple of weeks, to be below a really big number I don't want to admit I weigh! ;) I'll tell you all later after I have hopefully lost the weight!

So that is our weekend in a nutshell. I don't have a ton of pictures to post at the moment but these few are awfully cute! Have a great week everyone.
Owen and Judd cuddling on the floor. My thumb sucker duo!
The boys crushing corn flakes for fried chicken. What helpers!
Owen and Raymond being silly, as usual!
The boys practicing baseball. Do you see the green grass popping through?
Judd LOVES the slide. He'll go down by himself and was trying to climb back up!
Judd playing in the leaves I still need to rake up in the backyard.
Judd playing in the "play house"
Judd playing in the play house.
Video below: Judd was playing pretend kitchen with his brothers and he was actually pretending to eat anything they gave him. I thought it was amazing and so cute, so I got him "eating" a carrot on video! Enjoy!









3 comments:

Dani said...

I'm glad everyone's doing well there. The kids are adorable. Good luck with weight watchers - I believe in you!

MOM said...

Good luck with Weight Watchers. You'll do good with it. The boys look like they love the outdoors, Tony, too. Good luck, Tony, with coaching. Sounds like you're summer's planned out for all of you:)

Kelly S said...

I've been exercising regularly and rarely eating (that's not intentional, it's just worked out that way). I really want to start cooking more and eating "satisfying yet healthy" meals. Tomorrow, I'm gonna try to start my Life Diet, so we can compare and contrast our "diets."

I lost 20 pounds while working at the hotel (up to 8 hours of physical work 5-6 days a week doesn't hurt for losing extra pounds), but gained 10 back since quitting. I actually lost faster than I gained, so that's encouraging.

Definitely get in the habit of exercising (I've been doing an hour five days a week), because if you "cheat" or get off track on the eating part, at least the exercising makes up for that. To me, no food is off-limits. I'll eat McDonald's shamelessly, but I make no apologies, because hey, it's not like I eat it every day and their cheeseburgers are yuuuuuuummmmmy!! :P