Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter etc.

So it has been awhile since I have posted to my blog, and it's funny because once again I was just starting to get frustrated at all of my blogger friends who haven't posted in awhile, when I realized that it's been even longer for me! Even though, I'm still not sure if anyone reads this blog, I still keep posting in the hopes that someday someone might respond besides my mom and my sister Kelly. Thank you to my two die hard readers! :)

We have been keeping very busy lately. To update my previous post, my new little nephew Blain got to finally go home yesterday (Sunday) for good! Yay Blain! We are so very excited that he is well and getting to go home and start his life! We will hopefully still get to go visit him the third weekend in May and we are VERY excited!
My most recent picture of my nephew Blain. How cute!

Let's think back to a couple of weeks ago to Easter shall we? I have yet to post pictures or a little blurb about what we did!

First of all we made the vow to go to the Easter Sunrise Service at our church at 6:45am (YEAH STINKING RIGHT!!!), so instead we got up and let the boys find the Easter baskets that the Bunny hid, then the eggs that he hid too. After Raymond ate all of his candy (yes, you can be flabbergasted too, because he did this without permission mind you) we finally started to get ready for the later 10am church service! After church we came home and cooked a big brunch for our little family and then watched the movies Bedtime Stories and Marley and Me. We originally had expected Holly and Verlyn for Easter dinner, but circumstances as they be, they were gone to Dodge City, KS to take care of JB and Amanda and Blain.

I actually started to feel violently ill to my stomach, so since we didn't have company and I wasn't planning on eating much, we cut our meal down my 3/4's of what we intended on making and it ended up just being a normal ham dinner, rather than a celebration. Oh well. It happens, and I'm not upset.

The boys had a good day and that's all that matters, plus we got our church worship in, so that was important too. So this sort of sums up in few paragraphs how our Easter was. Below are the fun pictures that we took. Next post, I will attempt to post a funny story about what I saw out the window the other day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog and comment!!

I wish the boys could have been here to color eggs with me!

Kelly S said...

I think it's hilarious Raymond ate all his candy. I feel bad about missing church on Easter. I told Dad I always feel worse about missing Easter service than Christmas service. Good pics. :)

MOM said...

I can believe Raymo ate all his candy. He probably figured better to get it right away, then it's done, and even if he's in trouble, it's over:) Little squirt! The boys look so cute coloring their eggs. Did it go well, Stacey? I feel bad about missing church on Easter, too, Kelly. It just doesn't seem the same when we don't go on Easter or Chrismas or any other time.

Kelly S said...

I know how you feel, Raymond. When I see candy, I gotta have it. Welcome to the Sweet Tooth Club. :)

Dani said...

Though I am not good about commenting, I am a faithful reader! I LOVE your hair - it's so pretty!