Monday, April 20, 2009

Turkey anyone??

First of all I would like to point out that I have never been or am not now on any drugs that would cause me to hallucinate. Everything in this story is true and there are pictures to support my visions!

One day after laying all of the daycare kids down for a nap and then fighting once again with Owen and Raymond to take a nap, I worked my way back downstairs to change the two babies diapers so that I may have a chance to finally sit down and rest. Nap time is my most coveted time of day. It's the only time I get a break in the day and get to rest my weary feet.
After changing Judd's diaper, while on the phone with Tony, I happened to glance out my big front picture window and saw a sight that I've never seen out my window before, at least not in Omaha in the ghetto of the city where we live.

I looked out the window to see two giant wild turkeys walking down the center of the street right in front of my house. I know that for some of you country folk this is nothing, as it used to be for me, but you have to understand that I now live in a rather large city on the edge of the ghetto. My mom said that turkey hunting season had opened the day after I saw them and she said maybe they thought they were safe being in the city, and I joked that they were in the wrong part of the city if they thought they'd be safe from gunfire, being in the ghetto and all! Man sometimes I crack myself up. :)

On with the story...Of course I had to take pictures and I had to show the boys, so even though I had just spent 30 minutes trying to get them to lay down, I screamed for them to come downstairs to see the turkeys and when they got to the front door, I proceeded to run outside with my camera. I snapped a couple of pictures, but was not satisfied with how far away they looked or the fact that it was hard to tell what they were. I later realized that my neighbors probably think I'm crazy, because I didn't remember until I was relaying the story to my sister Kimberly that I was actually saying "gobble" over and over like a turkey to try and get them to look at me! Oh my gosh!! Standing in my neighbors front yard, saying gobble, and taking pictures...should I be in a mental hospital yet?

To make the story funnier, I relayed the story to my sister as I already said, and the whole time she was cracking up, which made me think my story was even funnier. You all are probably reading this thinking that me and my sisters are crazy folk because this story really isn't that amazing or funny, but you are SO wrong! So my sister and I keep the story going by imagining myself with a pilgrim hat and a musket chasing the turkey's up the road like Elmer Fudd. Now if you can't picture this or you don't think this is funny and you are not rolling on the floor laughing by now, then you have no sense of humor. Sorry to tell you that! :) I hope I didn't leave anything out, but Kimberly feel free to elaborate if I did.
Now that you all probably think I am crazy I offer to you pictures for proof! In this economical hard time, I contemplated how I could capture those turkeys to save for a later dinner, but I'm not a good hunter!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing all over again! That is so freaking funny! And the part about them being on the wrong side of town if they want to avoid gunfire! HAHAHA!

Kelly S said...

Look at 'em strut.

MOM said...

You could write a little book and call it Turkey in the Hood. You guys don't actually live in the ghetto, Stacey. If anything, you're on a retirement street:) I think it's funny that the turkeys turned right, and just kept on walking, side by side. haha.

Kelly S said...

Call it Jive Turkey.

MOM said...

That's closer, too, I think, Kelly. It could be a funny book.