Thursday, April 30, 2009

Warm weather and more!

This post will be mostly pictures. I don't have a ton to say right now, I am so tired and ready for bed, so you'll have to forgive me! I took the kids (daycare and all) to the Zoo today and I am Exhausted with a capital E!

These are just a few pictures we took last week when the weather was 90 degrees! We finally busted out our patio furniture, cushions and all, and umbrella. We had our first outdoor meal of the year! The boys got to run through the sprinklers and we planted some flowers in pots to decorate the patio with (hopefully they'll survive but I don't like the potting soil I got!) Then the last couple of pictures are from the zoo today. So I hope you enjoy. We have been staying very busy around here and I have been tired ever night, beyond tired! So you'll have to excuse me on the very brief post. I'll try to catch up this weekend, but Sat. I have to go renew my CPR and First Aid certification and that class is from 8am to 2:30pm, so I'll be ready to take a nap afterward!

The next couple of pictures cracked me up when I downloaded them to my computer and I got to see them bigger! It will help if you click on the very bottom one and make it full size so you can really see the gorilla's and Owen's expressions. In the first picture Owen and the gorilla are just looking at each other amicably. The picture after that Owen is looking at me with a "What the Heck" look on his face while it looks like the gorilla is snarling behind him. The picture is deceiving however. In reality, Owen was just asking me a question, and the part of the gorilla that looks like snarling teeth is actually his bottom lip. He had a big pink bottom lip that had little white spots on it that in the picture look like his teeth. The picture sequence cracked me up though, and I thought it pertinent to share!

3 comments:

MOM said...

The pictures are really good, Stacey. I bet it was a tiring day today, but fun. It looks like the kids had fun. You're right, it looks like the gorilla is snarling. I remember when one gorilla put his hand on mine on the other side of the glass, then he ran off and threw the food pan against the window. Scared me to death! That's funny that he is looking right at Owen, trying to communicate. The flowers look great.

Kelly S said...

Uncle Koko!

Stacey said...

Judd was terrified of this Gorilla. I tried to put him next to the glass and he started screaming! Too funny.