Friday, August 7, 2009

Trip to Missouri

We finally made the trip to my mom and dad's house last weekend, since we hadn't been there in a year and a half. They just always come this way, and it's hard for us to get time off to go anywhere. I know I'm making excuses!
Anyways, we ended up leaving Thursday afternoon about 5:30 and drove the 7 hours to their house. I of course ended up driving the last leg and was the only one awake for the last hour and a half and had to stop and smack myself around a bit to stay awake! :)

Friday we got up as early as we could get going and headed over to St. Louis which is about an hour and a half from them. We had planned on going to the Zoo, which is awesome and free in the morning and then being tourists at the Arch downtown, since my boys and Tony had never been up close to the St. Louis Arch. So we first ventured through town to the Zoo where we sat in line for what seemed like almost an hour to find a place to park before we decided to just go meet my dad for lunch and go to the Zoo later.

We left the zoo, had to stop at Target to buy Raymond some underwear because he had an accident while waiting in the car to park, and then went to a really yummy Italian place in Little Italy called The Hill for lunch. After lunch we worked our way downtown towards the Arch where we walked around for a little while and went in the tunnels underneath the Arch to walk around the Lewis and Clark museum and look around. They were setting up for concerts all around the Arch mall for the next night.

After the Arch we loaded up in the car again and headed to the zoo, which like I said is AWESOME. All of the animals are so up close, their habitats are actually nice habitat areas and not just cages, and the landscaping all around the Zoo is incredible.

We ended up walking around the zoo for a couple hours and got ice cream and hung out then when leaving we decided to drive by my dad's office since I'd never seen it and then went to a really yummy pizza place nearby. We ended up getting back to my parents place around 11pm. Once again, I was driving and my whole family was passed out in the car. :)

Saturday we slept in awhile and hung out around my parents house. We walked down to the river and ate at an ice cream parlor in town and played in their yard. My mom is funny because she felt like she didn't have any toys for the boys so I think she bought out the dollar store of crayons, coloring books, plastic baseball bats and balls, another catching game, a blow up swimming pool, transformers, potato head, etc. Every few minutes they boys had something new to play with, so needless to say they were not bored. Tony and I made brats and burgers for lunch and then we made chicken fajitas for dinner that night.

Sunday we got up and loaded up the car with all of our stuff and a huge picnic lunch and headed an hour north to the lake my dad's pontoon boat is at. Then we spent the whole day on their boat and ate a picnic on the boat, fished, and swam (well my dad and Owen and Raymond did) off the boat. The only other thing I did off the boat was use my talent to pee in the lake, squatting off the side of the boat when we anchored on a little shore to stop and eat our lunch at! It was too funny. I didnt' want them to have to drive the boat all the way back to the Marina just for me to pee, so I just took the initiative for myself and made it happen. :) My aunt Nadine would be so proud, since she's the one who taught us little girls to pee in nature!

At about 6:45pm we got off the boat and loaded up and we headed back towards Omaha and my parents headed back to their house. We got home about 1am....can you guess who was driving at the end of the trip home and who was passed out in the car?? If you can't then you didn't read my blog at all! :)

When we got home our back door was standing wide open, there was poopy doggy footprints and black dog hair all over the house (which wasn't there when we left), so I am not very happy with our next door neighbors kid who we had watch the dogs.

On another happy note, I sold our guest bed the other night after it being posted on craigslist for about five minutes, so we can start the rearranging process of the house. We have to move the daycare room to the basement, our bedroom to the main floor bedroom which has been the daycare room, and make our bedroom the baby's room. If we are having another boy, then it will be Judd and Baby 4's bedroom, but if it's a girl then she gets her own room. So we'll get to see on Aug. 24 when I have my ultrasound!

Anways...enough chatter...on with the pictures! P.S. Mine and Tony's 6 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow....I can't believe 6 years have already gone by! 6 years, and 3 1/2 kids later.... P.S. there are lots of pictures and they are out of sequence because Blogger is upsetting me when it comes to moving pictures around easily! Owen and Grandpa swimming in the lake
Raymond and Grandpa swimming

Napping on the boat after a long day in the sun.

Me and the boys on the boat

A very happy Judd parked at the Marina to get treats.


The boys eating push pops and Tony relaxing on the boat.
My dad in his favorite place on earth!

Judd with Grandma Sears

Judd with Aunt Kelly. The life jacket didn't bother him nearly as much as I thought it would.

Not sure what to think of the boat and life jacket.

The boys with Aunt Kelly on the boat.

Me and the boys down by the river in Hermann, MO, where my parents live.

My dad and Tony by the river.

The boys by the river.

The boys after a long afternoon exploring the Zoo

Me and Judd at the Hippos at the Zoo.

The hippos, an example as to how close you can get to the animals here (there is no glass between us!

No glass between me and the hippos here, but if I was really stupid I could touch them and probably get my arm pulled off of me!

For all my Gillette friends! Go Camels! :)

Tony and the boys enjoying the Camels

Judd enjoying a popsicle

The St. Louis Arch from out the windshield of the car. Pretty good if I say so myself!

An artistic portrayal of a women longing...just kidding my sister Kelly at the Arch. I like this picture though, these are the types of photos I try to take when I'm actually not just taking snapshots.

My mom and dad by the Arch.

Me 16 weeks pregnant by th Arch.

My family by the Arch.
The boys by the Arch.
The Arch looking up.
Tony and the boys by the Arch.
The Arch looking up again.

Everyone but my mom at the Arch.

2 comments:

Kenzie said...

Cute pics, Stacey. Looks like you had a good time!

MOM said...

Stacey, I love the picture of the Arch you took out the car window. All of the others are great, too. The boys were funny on the boat. I like the ones down by Hermann's riverfront, too. Of course, the one of Dad driving the boat is a keeper!