Tuesday, November 3, 2009

30 weeks pregnant

I have always carried my babies straight out front, for all 4 pregnancies. People are always shocked to find out either that I'm not due the next day or that I'm not carrying multiples. Imagine if I were carrying multiples!!!!!
It's not that my babies are big, they've ranged from 7 lbs 13 oz - 8 lbs 5 oz. It's also not that I gained a lot of weight. With Owen I gained like 21 lbs, Raymond 26 lbs, and Judd 30 lbs and so far with Tess about 15 lbs with about 10 weeks left. So all around the same range. The thing is I just tend to carry my babies straight out in front of me for no apparent reason, but it makes me feel a little self-conscience when I walk into the Dollar Tree and some woman says" Oh my gosh girl you are about to POP!" and then I think to myself, yeah but I still have 2 1/2 months left!

This pregnancy is no different. Little Tess is up very high and sticking straight out so I look 10 times bigger than I should at 30 weeks along. I feel like I am 9 months pregnant because I waddle so much, but the only way I can picture her in my stomach is with her the top of her head against my spine, reclined with her arms behind her head and her feet sticking straight into my belly pushing out. That's the only way I can be sticking straight out like that.
Part of the problem is that I have NO abdominal muscles. They must have been that way even before I got pregnant with Owen. Those muscles naturally separate during pregnancy, but my permanently separated and after each pregnancy has not gotten back together no matter how many sit ups and crunches I do. So after I saw a physical therapist for my back about a month ago, she wants me to start coming on a regular basis after I have Tess so we can hopefully remedy that problem. I REALLY hope it works. I 'm not looking for a six pack, but I am looking for a tummy that will hold my insides in after I work hard on my sit ups and such to not have that rounded belly look.

I have found pictures of comparison for all 4 pregnancies. I cannot say with the utmost certainty at what stage in my pregnancies the other pictures were taken, but I'll take a wild guess. Enjoy!Pregnant with Owen, 2 days before he was born (40 weeks)




Pregnant with Raymond, 3 1/2 months before he was born (around 21 weeks maybe) I was HUGE and miserable with Raymond though.



Pregnant with Judd, a week before he was born, 39 weeks
Pregnant with Tess, 30 weeks. At least I look better than my other 3 pregnancies! :)


2 comments:

MOM said...

You ARE straight out! It won't be long. The time is going fast. It will be hard work afterwards, too, but worth it. We'll get to meet Tess soon.

Dani said...

I like the imagery of her lying with her feet sticking straight out front. My baby is busy digging itself as deep into my hips as it can. Sometimes I imagine it with a pick in there chipping away at my hips! I love Tess's name even more every time I read it! It's so exciting that you're having a girl!