Sunday, June 20, 2010

Is it Summer already??? Part 1 (Owen's birthday)

Read the headline with sarcasm because I am actually feeling like now that June is almost over so is summer! I know, call me crazy. There is still a month and a half left of summer before Owen starts school, but it seems like if June went by so fast, then so will July and the beginning of August. I know, I know...my blog has inherited a new theme "Never enough time" or "Always busy". But that is my life right now with four very active and busy children.

Let me see if I can catch you all up on what we've been up to. We've had a few adventures in June so far, but now the slate is clear for me to actually work on organizing my house, catching up on paperwork, and simply hanging out and enjoying my kids. Ahhhhh. (takes breath). I am going to do this in parts because otherwise it would be annoying to try and post all the pictures I want to share. I know I take way too many pictures, but can't help it. My kids are just so busy and so darn cute! ;)

I guess we should start back with Owen's birthday. He makes me feel old because I am now officially old enough to have a 6 year old/first grader. Crazy huh? I know, I thought I'd never be here, but I have now arrived. Let me tell you it is bitter sweet. Though he is still young, once they start school time really flies. Kindergarten for Owen was a blur so I can only imagine how the rest of the years will be, especially once all my kids start school.

Anyways...Owen's birthday party was held at Rosenblatt stadium, the minor league baseball team. It was kind of nice because it was the first party for any of our kids that we have had away from home and they plan the whole thing for you right down to the cake. He got to invite 7 friends plus his brothers and sister to watch the game, play at the kids fun zone area, and get some free gear. They sang happy birthday to him during the top of the 3rd inning and he got to go on the field. By pure luck Judd got to be on the big screen during the game!
So here are the pictures of Owen's birthday party. My big 6 year old.

1 comment:

MOM said...

These are all good pictures, Stacey. Owen looks like he had a great time at his birthday party and ball game. Today's the first day of summer.