Sunday, June 20, 2010

Is it Summer Already? Part 2 (Our Vacation-Illinois)

We took our first vacation for the summer. It was a lot of driving, but it was fun. The kids were awesome and I couldn't have asked for better car behavior. I originally was going to go by myself with the kids but was so thankful that at the last minute Tony was able to come too. We left Sat. morning and drove to Petersburg, IL to go to my family reunion.

Sunday morning we got up early and went to New Salem State Park to the living history village where the reunion has always been held. We walked the village and after about melted headed to our picnic area to meet up with the rest of my aunts, uncles, cousins and family. It was a scorcher that day and we were all very hot and sweaty. But it was really good to go cause my dad and oldest sister and boyfriend were there this year and everyone got to meet Judd and Tess for the first time.

We hung out, ate too much and visited with all the family. It was so hot that when I went to feed Tess I had to take her and Judd to the suburban to sit in the air conditioning to cool off they were so over heated. They both passed out. After we were done with the reunion we loaded up and headed to Indiana with my mom and sister Kelly to visit at Aunt Nadine and Uncle Dale's house - that post to follow in part 3.So here are pictures of my family reunion.

1 comment:

MOM said...

Yes, it was verrrryyyyy hot and steamy. All the kids did really well, though, until Raymond got stung by a bee. I hope his sting is much better. I'm glad you and Tony and family got to come out to Illinois and Indiana. We had a pretty good turnout at the reunion, though.