Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Off to the Lake...

This weekend the kids and I are leaving daddy and the Big O behind us and trucking it to Missouri to my mom and dad's lake house. We've never been there before but are Very excited. My parents have a bunch of fun stuff planned out including things like hanging out on the boat on the lake, fishing, making s'mores, watching fireworks from the boat on the 4th and more. I am bringing the boys' bicycles so they can practice riding around their house.

This trip will be Tess' first time on a boat and her second vacation. I will post pictures after we get back. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. When we get back O and R start swimming lessons for two weeks. I think they'll have fun.

On another note - my house STINKS! I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it is definitely coming from my garage that sits directly under my living room. I'm pretty sure it's the sump pump that has something rotten in it or a dead animal or something, but I can't get rid of it and I'm about to be sick about it. Guess what Tony gets to do tonight!!! I've already sprayed about a half a bottle of febreeze air freshener in the house but to no avail. Aaargh.

So off to the lake on Friday until Monday. Let my loving husband stay in the stinky house. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to make something for the
4th. How does watermelon soup sound? No, seriously. I have a recipe. :)

Dani said...

Have fun at the lake. I wondered if you had remembered about my blog going private - I missed your comments!

MOM said...

Poor Tony. Maybe he'll get some help from Verlyn. Stacey, we're looking forward to you and kiddies coming, too. I hope the rain holds off for the weekend. Drive carefully.Kelly, the soup sounds different. We can get a small watermelon from the market tomorrow (on Market St., too:)

Andy and Megan said...

Your daughter is ADORABLE! So are the boys but she is just a doll! Can't wait to see vaca pics!