Thursday, January 1, 2009

Merry Christmas To All!!! (In review)

So, a lot has happened in the last few weeks since I posted last. Let me try and start from the beginning and I apologize for two things in advance. First, that there is still no pictures to gander at and second, if this post finds you jumping all over the place while I try to remember what we have been up to!!

Let's start at the last post. Owen got over not being able to go to his Preschool Christmas party for all of you that shed a tear for him. He ended up having a lot of fun at our daycare party that same day.

Sunday the 21st both Owen and Raymond were to sing in the Church's Christmas concert for preschool, since they attend the church's preschool. Here is how that went down...All day Saturday Owen told me that he was too scared to sing in the concert and he refused to do it, even though he did it two times last year. I kept trying to talk to him about it until right before bed out of the blue he said he'd sing. So we got up Sunday morning got ready for church and I took them both upstairs to their preschool room where both proceeded to get very "shy" and not let go of my legs. Both of their teachers pulled them off of me while they screamed and I ran for the exit. Raymond got over his anxiety and sang and danced the whole concert, while Owen pouted the whole concert and proceeded to make a mad face the whole time. He got up there with his class, but he was obviously NOT happy. Oh well, he recovered.

I was only open Mon-Wed. the week of Christmas and closed early on Christmas Eve. That night we headed over to Holly's house for the traditional Coffey Christmas Eve pancake dinner. MMMMMMM, delicious. We then opened all of our presents from Holly, JB and Amanda, and Great Grandma Ginny and Great Grandpa Bill. We then rushed home in time for my parents to arrive at our house. We all went to bed after "Santa" had to visit of course and woke up about 6am to open presents. The boys were very excited and Judd loved playing with the wrapping paper and bows and other garbage. We rushed that along and Tony made our traditional Sears omlette Christmas breakfast while I hurried and packed all of our suitcases and other stuff to take on our trip with us, which I was too exhausted to pack the night before. We cleaned up breakfast, dressed the boys, loaded the car and drove off for Cheyenne, WY where my oldest sister lives now. My parents were on their way too.

Our car ride there was ridiculous! The trip without kids is about 7 hours. It took us 9 hours to get there, which wouldn't be unreasonable but we had to stop it seemed about 20 times for the boys to pee, then Raymond fell asleep and had a potty accident in the car so we had to stop to change his clothes. Then Owen has a cold and runny nose with a cough and he started coughing so hard that he gagged, choked and puked all over himself, so we had to stop and change his clothes too. We finally got there and had chili for dinner and hung out for awhile.

In Cheyenne, we mostly hung out at Kimberly's apartment. Mom and Kimberly cooked up a huge Christmas dinner on Friday after we had opened presents that morning. Owen was having constipation issues and tuckered himself out so much he slept from 6pm to 7am and missed out on dinner. Saturday he felt much better. We drank some wine, ate too much, and played games. Saturday my sister, Tony, me and the boys drove over to Laramie, where we hadn't been in 3 1/2 years since we left WY and we were very excited to be back. I WISH I could be back in Laramie for good. I love Omaha, but desperatly miss WY.

We drove home on Sunday (which only took us 7.5 hours) so we made awesome time! We both worked Mon-Wednesday. JB and Amanda were still in town so they came over for hamburgers Monday night and then we all went out to dinner with Holly and Verlyn Tuesday night for some awesome fajitas, then everyone came over to our house last night for New Years Eve, and then we all went over to Holly's today for the Nebraska football bowl game and to say goodbye to JB and Amanda. Tomorrow night we are taking the boys to Sesame Street Live because Santa to them tickets. Phew! This weekend we get to get back to a normal schedule and back to real life I guess.

I know that I didn't go into much detail about anything in this post, it was mostly to get caught up. I will do more detailed individual posts over the weekend.

I hope everyone had a great Holiday and safe travels.

P.S. funny quote of the holidays, dad said on christmas morning to mom "What day is it today, Christmas?" this was after all the presents had been open and we were about to leave for WY. Hmmmm....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like your new background, but I think the color of your main text should be different. It's really hard to read the orange!