Monday, December 14, 2009

Blessings

God has blessed me with many things in my life and I am grateful for every one of them. When I first found out that I was pregnant with number 4, some people thought we were crazy and that we wouldn't be able to provide for all of the kids, but God has once again proven that we were meant to have this fourth baby and that she is truly a gift from Him.

How else can you explain all that has happened in order to help us out. We have three boys, so no girl stuff obviously, but from the outpouring from friends and family and church members, we now have received enough clothes to basically clothe her for her first whole year, gotten a crib, carseat and stroller as gifts in addition to the other many generous gifts given to her. Tony and I calculated that we have spent only a total of $70 on her, and that included a $50 dresser from craigslist. Besides diapers and wipes and anything that we WANT to buy her, we feel pretty set. How awesome is that??

I feel like I am surrounded by people that already love her and are excited for her arrival. Members of our church are preparing for her birth and excited to have a new baby to dote on. (Our church consists of mostly older people). I don't know how else to describe it other than God has truly given Tess to us as a blessing and I thank him every night for her and for my boys and Tony and everything else that he has given me. I just wanted to share why I feel very special and part of God's plan this Christmas season. I can't wait for her to be born and to meet this little gift. I know that her brothers will adore her too, but that she is so lucky to have the most awesome big brothers around. I just pray that I can do a good job of raising all of my kids to grow up being good Christians and to follow God's word.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is pretty cool. When people stop worrying and let God take control, everything just falls into place. Of course that doesn't mean sitting back and being a lazy bum, but you know what I mean. :D

MOM said...

Stacey, we feel the same about you three girls. You all are a very big blessing, and you and your family are a blessing to us. I feel like Tess knows we are all here, and waiting on her. The boys will be good to her, I just know it. I'm so glad you and Tony have helped the boys and yourselves know God's word and have the faith that you do in him. He knows what you are going through with the challenges you have of everyday trying to "keep it all together." We love all of you.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for this post. What a nice reflection and may God bless your faith in Him! I totally relate with our fourth baby and just the ability to care for him amidst the craziness of life. But, I don't buy it that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. Sure He does! But, not more than we can handle by leaning on Him!! God bless you and your four babies!!