Sunday, December 6, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

Yesterday started out as a great day. We got up early and grabbed McDonalds breakfast on our way to the tree farm called Santa's Woods to cut down our Christmas tree. We got there and bundled up and jumped on the covered tractor ride out to where the trees are. After walking around for only about 10 minutes we found the tree we wanted. They cut it, shook it out, wrapped it up and threw it up on the top of the truck for us! What service.

Then on the car ride home, the boys started being naughty which just progressed throughout the day until by the time they went to bed last night I was so exhausted from yelling and irritated about a ruined day! (not completey ruined though).

After returning home, the boys "helped" Tony put up the outside lights, then we got all of our indoor decorations out and put them all up, then decorated our tree. We are finally ready for Christmas (minus shopping for the boys).

Then to try and have time to myself, I went up to Tess' room and built her crib! I'm so happy with it. We got the cradle out and put together in mine and Tony's room, and now her crib is all put together in her room.

Today I went to Wal-mart to get her a few things, like a mattress pad, hangers to hang up all her dresses, jackets, etc., binky straps, a baby book, and a few other little things that I needed. We got home and I put all the sheets on her crib, hung up all of her clothes, and packed everything that I needed for her at the hospital just in case.... So now all I have left to do in her room is to hang her name and it is complete! All I have left to do for myself before my hospital stay is to decide what I need for the hospital and then we are ready and waiting for the arrival of our baby girl!

I'm getting very excited now that I am mid 34 weeks. That means that at minimum I hopefully will make it to at least the end of 37 weeks in order for her to be born full-term. I only have 3-6 weeks left (but don't really think I'll make it all the way to 6 weeks, I'm thinking around 4 weeks from now she will be here!) :)

I still have to take pictures of her room, but for now here are some pictures of our trip to get our Christmas tree.

1 comment:

MOM said...

Ahhh!!! Got a lot done this day. I bet it feels good. Good picture of Mom and Dad, Owen. The tree is really pretty! Great pictures! We have a place called Pea Ridge here, and we saw car after car with trees on top when we came home. We'll have to check it out. Maybe we can get a little one. It looks like the boys had fun, even though they were onery later. We'll miss all of you.