Monday, June 2, 2008

Birthday Bash!



It's amazing to me that my oldest son is going to be 4 years old on Wednesday. I can remember clearly him as a baby and all the funny things he has done. He is already starting a new chapter in his life!
We celebrated this last Saturday with fun Crayon party (we decorated in crayons but didn't do any art projects with crayons) - funny.
We went all out decorating the back yard with crayon stuff, I set up a fingerpainting table and a decorate your own frisbee table for the kids. We then hung their finger paints on the fence to dry. We had chips, rice krispy treats made from Fruity Pebbles, juice and cake for treats. I had tie dyed t-shirts for all the kids and myself for the party as a sort of art shirt, and I had little crayon shaped cups with straws for party favors. I made a cake to look like a crayon box and two small cakes to look like crayons. They turned out pretty well.
It was really hot outside, so we actually went inside for more time than planned and ate cake and opened presents and played in the play room.
I think overall the party was a success. Owen got lots of cool gifts and had a lot of fun. I know that I have been slide show crazy on my last few posts, but I am behind on pictures so it's the best way to get my pictures to you all without putting 100 on the post itself! So here is a slideshow of Owen's party.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Stacey, you have adorable kids and I can't believe how creative you are! The cake looked great and the party looked like a lot of fun - it made me wish I could have been there to decorate a Frisbee!

Anonymous said...

Stacey, the party turned out really cute and fun. I think they all had a good time, but were beat the next day (along with adults:) You are very creative, and seem to like planning these types of things. I thought the cake was absolutely adorable!