Friday, June 20, 2008

When does mommy sleep?

You'd think having a new baby, this would be the one causing any sleeping issues, right? Well, this is so not true in my house. For the last couple of weeks I have been struggling to get Owen and Raymond to bed. Typically thier bedtime is 8:30pm, and I usually hope that they are out by 9. They used to be SO stinking good at this routine, it was almost scary. Now I can get them laid down at 8 in order for them to be asleep by 9, but they are awake until almost 11pm! They come downstairs for everything under the sun. I march them back up. They cry that they can't sleep without me, or that they are scared. Which I used to believe as plausable excuses, but now I know it is just a ploy to get me to sit with them while they fall asleep. I am stuck and I am STRESSED out about this because I should be able to put an almost 3 year old and 4 year old down in their beds by 8pm and have them asleep by 9pm. I need that extra hour or so after they go to bed to get stuff done or hang out with Tony (who I never get to hang out with anymore). I can't be forced to go to bed at 8pm every night just because that is the only way I can get my kids to sleep! I need help. I need any expert opinions out there. I need Super Nanny!! Does anyone have her phone number?
Judd on the other hand has been sleeping in his big crib in his room now for a few weeks, but even before then, he sleeps from 10pm - 8am without waking. I sometimes worry that something has happend to him when I get woken up 100 times a night, but by my 2 1/2 and 4 year olds!!!
I want to pull my hair out with them right now for bedtime. I'm sure it's my fault and that I am doing something totally wrong to facilitate this behavior, but I'm not sure what to change or how much earlier I can possibly put them into bed!
Maybe someday when I am 50 I can get a good nights sleep!

No comments: